Indoor Open Shoot
Indoor open shoot is available for all archers who can demonstrate an understanding of basic archery skills and form for open shoots and adhere to safety requirements. No coaching is provided. Parents of young archers must oversee shooting activities. Equipment rental is available at an additional cost. Indoor open shooting is available only during scheduled times for guests.
OUTDOOR TARGET SHOOT
From April to October, outdoor target open shoot is available for archers during indoor open shoot times, and occasionally, during class or program times. Outdoor targets with FITA or Spot scoring are available to use on our outdoor practice range, with targets available at marked distances between 20 and 90 meters. Outdoor target shooting is only available to archers with their own equipment.
3D OPEN SHOOT
Our outdoor 3D Course open shoot is available May through September, and takes archers through the sequenced course of 25-3D targets (number of targets may vary based on league/seasonal setup), unmarked distance, on a mapped trail through the designated wooded area, and is estimated to take 2 hours to complete. 3D open shooting is available during daylight hours to all guests.
WINTER SPOT LEAGUE
WMAC hosts a weekly Winter Spot League with mixed participants (men and women; compound, recurve, and traditional). This is an informal league and open to all levels of shooters, with participation limited to 40 archers (2 shooting lines).
- 20 yard shooting distance.
- Compound bow shooters will use 5 spot NFAA targets.
- Traditional and junior shooters will use single bulls’ eye NFAA targets.
- There will be separate categories for unlimited and hunter compound bows, and traditional bows.
- Men, women and junior shooters are scored separately.
- Those wishing to participate in a cash league may choose to do so on the first night, with additional payment ($10) due at that time.