WMAC offers a variety of open shooting opportunities to members and guests to fit their individual needs. See details below.
Indoor open shooting
Indoor open shooting is available for all archers who can demonstrate basic form and adhere to safety requirements. No coaching is provided. (Archers will need to demonstrate understanding of basic archery skills and form for open shooting.) Parents of young archers must oversee shooting activities. Equipment rental is available at an additional cost. Indoor open shooting is available only during scheduled times for guests.
3D Open shooting
Our outdoor 3D Course open shooting is available in the summer (May through September), and takes archers through the sequenced course of 25 3D targets (number of targets may vary based on league/seasonal setup), unmarked distance, on a mapped trail through the designated wooded area, and is estimated to take 2 hours to complete. 3D open shooting is available during daylight hours to all guests.
Outdoor Target shooting
From April to October, outdoor target open shooting is available for archers during indoor open shooting times, and occasionally, during class or program times. Outdoor targets with FITA or Spot scoring are available to use on our outdoor practice range, with targets available at marked distances between 20 and 90 meters. Outdoor target shooting is only available to archers with their own equipment.
- Adult - $10
- Youth - $6 ($5 if in one of our archery programs or classes)
- Family - $25 (including rentals if needed for indoor open shooting; immediate family only)
- Equipment rental - $10 for bow, arrows, and safety equipment (only available for indoor open shooting)
- Members pay no open shooting costs at any time.
SPRING OPEN shooting times (indoor and outdoor target shooting):
- Mondays: 6:00 - 9:00pm
- Wednesdays: Noon - 4:00pm
- Thursdays: 6:00 - 9:00pm (except when posted for Assistive Archery clinics or classes)
- Sundays: 10:00 - 1:00pm (except during tournaments or for holidays and events - check calendar for schedule)
- 3D open shooters need to complete and submit a waiver and payment at the dropbox at the course entrance and follow course rules for shooting to ensure safety.
- No broad heads allowed.
- Failure to comply with safety rules or code of conduct may result in termination of open shooting for an archer or family. Please be respectful of all at the shooting range.