Outdoor Charity Tournament
West Michigan Archery Center is hosting the first annual outdoor charity tournament on May 13 & 14, 2017. This single distance FITA event will benefit local charitable organizations, with half of this year's proceeds benefitting the North Kent Service Center.
This two-day event will be a double FITA (72 arrows each day), based on USA Archery bow and age divisions. Other events on site during the tournament include:
- Traxchair drag-races at the mid-way break for youth participants
- Awards for top three places in each division
- Food concessions on site.
- Youth archers will receive a Mothers' Day flower to give to their mother on Sunday during the intermission.
Registration and Fees:
All archers should register online prior to the event by May 10. Adult archers (senior and master divisions) are $25, while youth divisions (see age divisions below) are $15.
Registration is limited to 100 archers.
Shooting Times and Rules:
Archers will begin the first scoring end at 10:00am each day. Archers should check in between 8:30 and 9:00am to pick up scorecards and registration packet. Equipment check starts at 9:00am, with practice ends starting at approximately 9:40am each day.
FITA equipment rules will be applied. Archers are required to wear appropriate attire (close-toed shoes and no inappropriate language or messages).
Archers must complete in one of the designated age categories as determined by U.S.A. Archery:
- Yoeman (for archers who are currently 8 and under, or will turn 9 during the 2016 calendar year)
- Bowman (archers will turn 10, 11, or 12 during the 2017 calendar year)
- Cub (archers who will turn 13 or 14 during the 2017 calendar year)
- Cadet (archers who will turn 15, 16, or 17 during the 2017 calendar year)
- Junior (archers who will turn 18, 19, or 20 during the 2017 calendar year)
- Master 50+
- Master 60+
- Master 70+
- AR, AR1, AR2, and AR3 (various disabled categories)
All archers will shoot targets per USA archery rules for single target distances.
Archers may register to shoot either barebow, traditional, recurve, compound, or compound w/fingers. No NFAA archery divisions will be used during this tournament.
Shooting distances and target sizes:
|Age Division||Recurve / Barebow / Traditional||Compound / Compound w/fingers|
|Yeoman||122cm target, 20m distance||80cm target, 15m distance|
|Bowman||122cm target, 30m distance||80cm target, 25m distance|
|Cub||122cm target, 50m distance||80cm target, 30m distance|
|Cadet||122cm target, 60m distance||80cm target, 50m distance|
|Junior||122cm target, 70m distance||80cm target, 50m distance|
|Senior||122cm target, 70m distance||80cm target, 50m distance|
|Masters||122cm target, 60m distance||80cm target,50m distance|