The West Michigan Archery Center will host a target archery event for the 2017 State Games of America Summer Games. The event will take place at the West Michigan Archery Center, and will take place over August 4-6, 2017 with a 144 arrow FITA tournament format on Saturday and Sunday, and warming up on Friday with an optional Team Round events (registered on-site, weather permitting).
Friday, August 4 - Sunday, August 6
- 144 round FITA (2-day; 4 targets total at varying distances
- Optional team rounds within bow-type divisions (may span gender / age groups depending on numbers).
- During the FITA events, a break of 15 minutes will be provided between targets.
- All scheduled sessions may be delayed due to inclement weather. If delays occur, sessions may be adjusted to accommodate. FITA rounds will take priority.
- Team rounds are included in registration, but not required for participation in the FITA event.
- Entry fees cover the cost of both the 2-day FITA round AND the Team rounds. There is no single item fee for those not wishing to participate in the FITA only.
- $40 for JOAD archers (Yoeman - Junior categories) with advanced registration (by June 1)
- $45 for JOAD archers after June 1, 2017
- $50 for adult division archers by June 1, $60 after June 1
- On-site Registration is dependent upon available space, and will be announced after July 1
- Online registration through July 1
Friday, August 4 (Team rounds - brackets will be determined at random)
Team rounds will feature match-style rounds of the following teaming groups:
- Same bow/age/gender division; mixed gender; and mixed age divisions.
- 9:00 am - Morning session check-in and review of rules and scoring considerations
- 9:30 am - Practice ends (2) begin for initial rounds; scoring ends immediately after
- Activities will wrap up by approximately 3:00pm to accommodate Opening Ceremonies
Saturday, August 5 & Sunday, August 6 (144 arrow FITA at varying distance/target sizes)
- Morning Session for Male Compound & Female Recurve/Barebow archers on Saturday;
- Afternoon for Female Compound & Male Recurve/Barebow; switch order on Sunday
- 8:00 am - Morning session check-in/ registration
- 8:30 am - Equipment check
- 9:00 am - Practice ends (2) begin; scoring ends immediately after (approx. 9:20am)
- Noon - Afternoon check-in/registration begins
- 1:30 pm (or 30 minutes following close of morning shooting session) - Equipment check
- 2:00 pm - Practice ends (2) begin; scoring ends immediately after
West Michigan Archery Center, 3500 10 Mile Road NE, Rockford, Michigan