State Games of America 2017
Outdoor Target Archery Tournament
The West Michigan Archery Center will host a target archery event for the 2017 State Games of America Summer Games. The event will take place at the West Michigan Archery Center, and will take place over August 4-6, 2017 with a 144 arrow FITA tournament format on Saturday and Sunday, and warming up on Friday with an optional Team Round events (registered on-site, weather permitting).
Friday, August 4 - Sunday, August 6
- 1440 round FITA (2-day; 4 targets total at varying distances - Download Shooting Distance Sheet)
- Optional team rounds within bow-type divisions (may span gender / age groups depending on numbers).
- During the FITA events, a break of 15 minutes will be provided between targets.
- All scheduled sessions may be delayed due to inclement weather. If delays occur, sessions may be adjusted to accommodate. FITA rounds will take priority.
- Team rounds are included in registration, but not required for participation in the FITA event.
- An updated event information flyer can be found HERE.
- A "Frequently Asked Questions" document for this event was created based on participant questions. Download it HERE.
- If you have never scored in a FITA Tournament, please download and read our "Tournament Scoring" information. Parents of young archers, this is required reading (we have had too many young archers who thought they knew how to score make mistakes that have cost considerable time, tears, and in a a few cases, medals. Please read and practice this with young archers!)
- Entry fees cover the cost of both the 2-day FITA round AND the Team rounds. There is no single item fee for those not wishing to participate in the FITA only.
- $45 for JOAD archers (Yoeman - Junior categories)
- $60 for adult division archers
- On-site Registration is dependent upon available space, and will be announced via our Facebook page.
- Online registration will be available at http://www.stategamesofamerica.com/
Friday, August 4 (Team rounds - brackets will be determined at random)
Team rounds will feature match-style rounds of the following teaming groups:
- Same bow/age/gender division; mixed gender; and mixed age divisions.
- 9:00 am - Morning session check-in and review of rules and scoring considerations
- 9:30 am - Practice ends (2) begin for initial rounds; scoring ends immediately after
- Activities will wrap up by approximately 3:00pm to accommodate Opening Ceremonies
Satuday, August 5 & Sunday, August 6 (144 arrow FITA at varying distance/target sizes)
- Morning Session for Male Compound & Female Recurve/Barebow archers on Saturday;
- Afternoon for Female Compound & Male Recurve/Barebow; switch order on Sunday
- 8:00 am - Morning session check-in/ registration
- 8:30 am - Equipment check
- 9:00 am - Practice ends (2) begin; scoring ends immediately after (approx. 9:20am)
- Noon - Afternoon check-in / registration begins
- 1:30 pm (or 30 minutes following close of morning shooting session) - Equipment check
- 2:00 pm - Practice ends (2) begin; scoring ends immediately after
Adjustments for archers who have flights or other scheduling issues should check with the tournament director to switch group shooting times in advance! This cannot be guaranteed if asking on-site.
West Michigan Archery Center, 3500 10 Mile Road NE, Rockford, Michigan